Thursday, September 27, 2007

Slatyfork West Virginia...........no lie

You know sometimes when things just seem to go your way, thing just seem to fall into place with little or no effort? Well that's what happened to us when we found the Morning Glory Inn in Slatyfork West Virginia. We left Columbus Ohio and zig zagged through West Virginia to arrive at Slatyfork yesterday afternoon. This is a little ski resort area near Wayne's railroad in Cass West Virginia. This Morning Glory Inn is a Bed and Breakfast. Neither of us has ever stayed at a B&B before. What a treat! This place is really great. We are the only ones here right now.
We understand someone else is coming today, but right now we have the run of the place to ourselves.
First on arriving, we were met by a beautiful white cat named Tessa. Rod says Tessa owns the place and we are sure he's right. We were directed upstairs to our room and what a room it is. It is HUUUGE ! There is a full King Sized Sleigh bed plus a Queen Size bed on the opposite end of the room. Two large overstuffed chairs accent the room. It is decorated very beautifully and has a private bath as well.

Slatyfork is south of Elkins West Virginia and is just a small ski resort area. It is only about 30 minutes from Cass, where the scenic Railroad is. We are so excited to get here. I didn't post this last night because we had no signal in our room. Right now I am in the dining room, having just been served the best homemade breakfast imaginable by the owners! I didn't get the thingy to download the pictures we took yesterday, so alas, no pictures today but I promise I will get them tomorrow.

Note to Jim: Thanks for sending the addresses in El Dorado, Wayne is delighted and has been telling me all about the people who lived there. I guess we will see Aunt Bess and maybe take her to the farm with us. thanks for the info!

Note to Lisa: I will send you the ND pics as soon as you send me your email address. I knew I should have brought everything with me but I didn't.

It is 8:30 in the morning and a bit foggy here right now. You can smell the wood burning fireplaces in the air, it's so cool! I think I am going to have to go upstairs and get ready, Wayne is chomping at the bit to get to Cass.

I will take tons of pictures today and get them all downloaded so that I can put them in the blog entry tonight.

All Aboard !!!
Love
Wayne and Colleen

No comments: