Monday, October 1, 2007

4 States in ONE day.........Whew!

Hello again bloggers......yes, yes, I know, I have been a bit lax of late. The truth is we pulled into Frankfort Kentucky and I proceeded to get a bit of a head cold. We needed a "down day" anyway, so we just stayed an extra day and did lots of sleeping. I sneezed and coughed and sneezed and took pills and slept and slept some more. I guess it worked, because today I feel much better.

So, here we are in (of all places) Kingdom City Missouri. No, I haven't seen anyone in long white robes yet, but I will let you know if I do. How did we get here, you ask? Well, we went West on I-64 as suggested to us by someone we met on the train in Cass. We stopped off in Louisville, KY to see Churchill Downs where they run the Kentucky Derby. Boy what a place that was! Neither of us knew it was sooooo big. Then we continued westbound and went through Indiana and Illinois again. Crossing the Mississippi into St. Louis, we saw the gorgeous big Archway. What a sight that is. We also found Busch Stadium where the Cardinals play baseball. We saw the football stadium, but I forgot the name already. What a big place St. Louis is. Wow, it is huge. Some road construction didn't help the already confusing way of getting around. Once again our little lady inside the GPS to the rescue!! She has saved our bacon almost everyday during this road trip.

Wayne really outdid himself today. Since I wasn't feeling my best, he drove all the way today, 420 miles! He's pooped tonight but understandably so.

We also crossed back into the Central time zone from the Eastern time zone. It gets a bit confusing sometimes to keep track of the time, but it really isn't an issue. We stop driving when we get tired, we eat when we get hungry and we sleep until we feel like getting up. So, time really isn't an issue, but I still like to know what time it is! Does all that make any sense?

We will see Kansas City tomorrow. I'm goin' to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come...........well, I digress.

We are heading for El Dorado where Wayne's family is from and where he spent lots of summers as a young whipersnapper. I guess there is still an aunt Bess there who we will stop and see. She is 96, how cool is that?! We are also going to go to the farm where the young Stevenson boys toiled their teenage summers.

I guess this darn head cold is what you would call our first glitch. It's not going to amount to anything, I already feel much better than yesterday.

Note to MOM: Don't worry about me, I'M FINE, I promise! Wayne got me all the meds I need for cough, etc and I'm doing fine.

As of now, we have been in 15 different states and driven over 5100 miles. We are only missing 4 license plates now. We still need Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii and Rhode Island. We have seen all 46 others! Isn't that incredible?!!

Note to Richard: Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoyed your long birthday celebration.

That's it for now lovely people. I will get some pictures for you now and then get some rest for tomorrow. This road trip has been phenominal.

We got up in Kentucky this morning, drove through Illinois and Indiana and tonight we are going to bed in Missouri..........I love our road trip!!!

Love to all
Wayne and Colleen

No comments: